Working With A Web Agency
When considering the creation of their website, many companies consider the option of working with a professional web agency. If we can only agree with these companies, we understand their distress as we try to figure it out in this marketing market constantly shaken by digital technology. The types of jobs within web agencies are changing rapidly and the number of players on the market continues to grow. Through this article we will try to address the issues most often encountered.
What is a web agency?
- What is a web agency?
- First of all, let’s drop the prejudices
- The advantages of working with a web agency
- The different types of web agency
- The price for its website
- Secure your choice of web agency in a changing environment
Web agencies or digital agencies appeared at the same time as the Internet became more democratic in the mid-1990s. Companies quickly understood the importance of making themselves known through what would become a real social phenomenon. Web agencies, specialized in development, communication and promotion on the web, have made their place alongside traditional communication agencies that did not particularly master these new digital professions.
If originally, the web agency was confined to the “source code” aspect of site creation, today, it often has more than one string to its bow..:
- Technical expertise
- The design
However, the fashion effect plays tricks on them. Web agencies appear and sometimes disappear in a dazzling way. Competition, sometimes deplorable or even non-existent quality of service, is often the cause. Making the right choice is therefore a necessity.
First of all, let’s drop the prejudices
1. Creating a site is child’s play
With the television and Internet ads that are so eye-catching, the message has got across and everyone is now convinced. Creating a site is within everyone’s reach, it is done in 2 – 3 clicks.
Certainly, it is quite possible to obtain a site without knowing anything about computers. However, once it is online, bringing traffic is necessary, it must convert visitors into buyers, retain customers, etc..
If the goal is simply to say, “I have a website,” then a smart person can do it easily. If you have the ambition to develop your business, make sales and increase your turnover, you will probably have to opt for a more professional solution.
2. Paying more than 1000 € for an e-shop is a scam
The real trap is to keep your eyes fixed on the price and to make your choice based solely on this parameter.
Since most people are convinced that creating a website is like assembling a Lego, with pre-existing modules, small ready-made animations, generic programs, it is obvious that it doesn’t cost much.
Your site is your livelihood, or at least it will contribute greatly to it. As in any beginning of activity, you will have to invest yourself by giving a little of your time, but also financially.
3. In a web agency, there are geeks typing codes and then that’s it.
In popular belief, web agency rhymes with website creation. This is indeed the heart of their business. However, their field of action is much wider and the many services offered in addition to the pure creation part, are real added values, such as :
- Create and develop the virtual image of a company (webdesign, graphics, SEO, community management)
- Set up web marketing strategies (emailing, advertising campaign, etc.)
In addition, the image of the web agency with an open space, full of “giant” screens and many geeks with glasses make all think that all are technicians who think only of the source codes. Don’t get me wrong! To succeed in offering turnkey projects, web agencies bring together several talents: graphic designers, reference writers, writers, developers, etc..
4. With the snap of a finger, the web agency can do everything
As much as some think that they are useless, others think that web agencies have magical powers, and that it is enough to make a wish for it to come true, like :
- Make your site appear on the first page of Google. Regarding SEO, the web agency will certainly do whatever it takes to optimize your pages. This does not guarantee that search engines will put your site on page 1.
- Satisfy your every desire under the pretext that you are the customer and that you pay. Remember that your satisfaction is creating a site that attracts and satisfies your customers. You wish to have such or such function, more such or such module, etc. Yes, the web agency will know how to deploy heavy artillery, only if you are ready to put the means.
- Write beautiful texts about yourself and your activity for you. First of all, it is impossible for a web agency to have an expert in every branch of activity that it has to meet. Second, aren’t you the best person to talk about your business, your products and your passion? Finally, the role of the provider is to bring its expertise in webmarketing and SEO to enrich and propel your pages. It is therefore essential that anyone who wishes to have a site that stands out from the others actively participates in the development of the first contents.
5. It is necessary to avoid any engagement with a web agency
You don’t like contracts, subscriptions, long-term commitments, yet your company has certainly already opted for a leasing when buying a vehicle or for payment in several monthly instalments when buying new equipment. So why refuse to smooth payments for the creation of a website?
There will always be fraudulent providers. If you work with a serious web agency, it is an asset to be able to spread the expenses. Rather than settle for a basic site paid in cash, you can have a more elaborate site, personalized in the form of subscription or rental. In addition, you have a long-term follow-up.
The advantages of working with a web agency
Working with a specialized agency has many advantages. To give you an idea of these, here are the 5 advantages we consider essential for your company:
- You invest in experience
- You keep enough flexibility
- Focus on your core business
- Access to new talent
- You stay at the cutting edge of technology
The different types of web agency
Have you ever noticed that the more the digital market evolves, the more complex the web professions become? In any case, this is the impression that the majority of companies shared with us. Faced with the emergence of new professions, it is necessary to list the type of agency which are currently the most widespread:
- The web design agency
- Mobile Development Agency
- Social networking agency
- The natural referencing agency (SEO)
- Graphic studio
- Emailing agency
- Online advertising agency (paid search, Adwords)
The price for its website
The price of the website is often an important criterion for the companies we meet. If this one is very variable according to the agencies, it really depends on the commercial result that you want to draw from it. For example the importance of look & feel, ergonomics, desired performance, the importance of natural referencing, etc.. It is however considered that the price of a website starts at around 3,000€ and can rise to hundreds of thousands of euros depending on the project.
Secure your choice of web agency in a changing environment
Choosing a web agency is more and more difficult in today’s environment. You should use the appropriate search tools that will help you find your ideal partner. Be sure to list a list of potential partners according to your company size, your sector, recommendations from your professional network or the agency’s specific expertise. Afterwards, you should be well prepared for your appointment with the agency and be precise in your briefing. This step should not be neglected and will help you maximize your chances of finding your “soul mate”.