CRO Marketing: Strategies to Increase Your Online Conversions
Last update: 1 March 2023 at 08:56 am
Nowadays, businesses are turning towards digital marketing. Nowadays, having people visit your social media pages is a great start toward a marketing strategy. But, sadly it might not be enough. Here is where CRO marketing comes into play.
Why? Because even though people visit your website or social media pages, it does not necessarily mean that they will turn into customers. And, this is the most important part after all.
Continue reading to learn how to increase your conversions with an effective CRO marketing strategy.
What Is CRO?
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is:
the process of using data and customer feedback to improve the overall performance of your website.
Additionally, CRO can be applied to every part of your online presence, from blogs to landing pages. As well, it’s especially effective for websites that rely on driving high-quality traffic from search engines.
With a well-researched CRO strategy or working with a conversion rate optimization agency, you can increase your conversion rates by making small tweaks to your website’s design or copy. You can also use CRO to help ensure that all the existing traffic you’re getting through search engine optimization ends up converting into customers.
How to Calculate Conversion Rate?
A simple formula to calculate the conversion rate is:
dividing the total conversions by the total impressions.
In this formula, conversions refer to the desired actions taken (clicks, subscribe, purchase, etc). Impressions refer to the total visits or exposure to your website or campaign.
Let’s practice with an example:
Imagine you want to measure if a call-to-action button on your newsletters is effective. For this, you will need:
- The desired action (the total amount of clicks)
- The total times the newsletter was opened
For this example, we will use the following numbers:
What Is CRO Marketing?
Conversion Rate Optimization marketing is a process of improving the performance of your website. This can be done by increasing the number of visitors, leads, and the key element, sales through various techniques.
By optimizing your landing pages, you can increase your conversion rate.
If you aren’t sure about how to optimize your landing pages to increase conversions, a conversion rate optimization agency can help you with auditing and redesigning your website to boost your sales.
What Is a CRO Marketing Process?
CRO is about conversion rate optimization. In other words, it is a process by which you can improve the percentage of visitors who take action on your website. CRO is made up of several steps:
- First, you’ll conduct a customer research study to determine what actions your customers are taking and then learn what their problems are.
- Next, you’ll create an understanding of how the customer’s behavior impacts their perception of value. This will help you identify what factors lead to sales (the most obvious being price).
- Then, using this information, you’ll optimize each page on your website to direct visitors toward specific actions and thus increase conversions. This can be done by adding content that supports those actions, changing navigation elements to direct users where they need to go next, or making other changes within the context of user experience.
However, there are tools within each step of this process as well as tools for measuring results throughout all stages. Allowing marketers to measure how effective their marketing efforts were at improving conversion rates in real-time!
How to Implement a CRO Marketing Strategy?
To implement a CRO marketingstrategy, you will need to execute the following steps:
- Focus on the customer. CRO is about ensuring that your website is easy to use, and the user experience is smooth and seamless. It’s easy to get lost in technicalities and forget about the end goal: improving conversions for a more successful business.
- Create a plan (and stick to it). Set aside time every week or month to work on your CRO marketing. Whether it’s 10 minutes or 3 hours per day doesn’t matter. As long as you make progress with each project and don’t let yourself get stuck in indecision or procrastination mode.
- Start with a hypothesis — The key here is starting small! Don’t take too much on to begin with. When doing A/B testing, think about which variable you want to test first – the button color? The headline? Maybe even where the call-to-action button appears on the page itself?
Tools to Suggest for Your CRO Marketing Strategy
To get started with your CRO strategy, you can use the following CRO marketing tools:
- Analytics software
- Split testing
- User feedback tools (web-based service that allows you to send out a survey to a group of users who then record their experience while using it on their own devices).
These tools allow you to see how users interact with your product or web pages in real-time. In essence, you can iterate based on users’ feedback.
For example, if someone says that they don’t understand how something works because there’s not enough information in the app store description.
Then, your optimization efforts will possibly include adding more text explaining exactly how the app works so that people know before they download it! Or maybe you should make the screenshots clearer, so people know what they’re downloading.
How to Conduct a CRO Audit?
A CRO audit is a data-based assessment of your site to find the weak links and elements that prevent people from converting into customers. By doing CRO audits, you can increase conversions.
To perform a CRO audit, you will need to:
- Analyze the target audience
- Have clear what the business goals are
- Understand the website and its current state, including:
- The conversion process
- The conversion funnel (i.e., steps of a transaction or series of actions that need to be completed in order to make a sale)
- Be aware of your competition (both direct and indirect)
- Be familiar with analytics tools that are available.
What Is CRO for SEO?
Conversion rate optimization is a process of improving the sales funnel by optimizing the process of a visitor to a website. CRO isn’t SEO, although both are important parts of digital marketing and digital advertising.
SEO is a process of optimizing a website to rank highly on search engine rankings including Google, Bing, and Yahoo!.
CRO is the process of optimizing your website based on data collected from the analytics tool that allows you to make educated decisions about what’s working (or not) with your visitors and how you can improve things for them.
CRO differs from traditional marketing because it doesn’t focus on getting online traffic. Instead, it focuses on converting web visitors into customers.
The goal isn’t just getting more eyeballs; it’s also about increasing conversion rates -getting those visitors or new customers who come through your website door closer to become paying customers or subscribers.
What is the difference between SEO and CRO?
CRO is the process of optimizing your website to get more conversions. It’s the art and science of increasing visitor engagement, improving conversions, and ultimately driving more revenue.
CRO complements SEO by helping you get more website traffic with the right message in mind.
You need to think of SEO as a long-term strategy that helps you rank higher in search results, as well as get more organic traffic.
Think of CRO as an immediate tactic that can help close sales faster (and get paid sooner).
What Does CRO Mean in Digital?
CRO marketing helps improve the performance of a website or app to increase sales and revenue. By making it easier for a website visitor to take the desired action on your site or app.
You can think of CRO as a subset of digital marketing, but if you’re new to all this, it might be better to consider it an approachable starting point.
The CRO marketing process is really just optimizing – it’s a process that maximizes results through rigorous testing. It helps you make smart decisions about what’s working and what isn’t on your website or mobile app.
Then, it is about breaking down data into actionable insights that allow you to iterate based on real-world metrics versus hunches.
The Benefits of CRO for Your Business
Implementing CRO strategies and using CRO tools on your web pages has plenty of benefits.
The benefits of CRO for your business are:
- Increase sales. A website with a strong conversion rate will inevitably get more customers purchasing from you, unlike a website with no conversion rate. This means that the more traffic you get on your web pages that take action (buy something), the better. In other words, if you have ten daily website visitors and only one person purchases something, you would have had nine wasted visits that had potential to be convert visitors. However, if someone visits your site every day and buys something, then there is no waste at all because they did exactly what they came there to do – make a purchase!
- Increase profits. The more money people spend in a given period of time or over the course of their lifetimes with your brand/company/business—the higher profits should be too! That’s why businesses must ensure they are doing everything possible (including CRO). Hence, customers feel like spending money on their sites instead of going elsewhere where things might not cost as much but provide less value or satisfaction than what could be received through your products/services.
In conclusion, CRO marketing is a strategy businesses can use to improve their sales and increase their profits. Our team can definitely help your business achieve this.
Should you wish to find out more about how we can help you do that, you can contact us today, and one of our account managers will be more than happy to assist you!